DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL METHODS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
The department was founded on 01/07/2020 by the order of the rector No. 01-07/772 on the basis of the decree of the Academic Council of the Russian-Armenian University No. 377 dated 06.05.2020.
The main goal of the department is to promote the education of highly qualified economists and managers who are proficient in the tools for using mathematical tools and methods, as well as the corresponding software solutions and applications.
The department teaches the following disciplines:
• Higher mathematics (Mathematical analysis, Linear algebra, Probability theory and mathematical statistics, etc.);
• Mathematical modeling (Econometrics, Operational research, Socio-economic statistics, etc.);
• Information technology (Computer science, Digital literacy, Management information systems, Programming in R, etc.);
• Data Science (Data Science in Business, Blockchain, etc.);
• Technological entrepreneurship (Startup engineering, Business process management, etc.).
Bachelor's degree programs in the following specialties:
• Actuarial and financial mathematics (Armenian sector)
Master's degree programs in the following specialties:
• Business engineering (Russian sector)
• Data analysis (Armenian sector)
Brief information (biography)
Born in the Republic of Armenia, Yerevan.
From 2005 to 2009 studied at the Department of Economics at the Russian-Armenian University and received a Bachelor Degree in Economics (diploma with honors).
From 2009 to 2011 studied in the Master's program of the Russian-Armenian University, and received Master’s Degree in Economics (diploma with honors).
In the period from 2011 to 2014 studied in the full-time post-graduate course at RAU (specialty 08.00.10 – «Finance, money circulation and credit», in 2014 defended her thesis for the degree of PhD in Economics (specialty 08.00.02 – «Economics, Management of the Economy and its Spheres» on the topic: «Problems and mechanisms of population incomes equalization (on the example of the RA)».
Carries out teaching activities at the Department of Economic Theory and the Issues of Transition Period Economies from 2011 to the present. Author of more than 30 scientific works published in international journals, journals reviewed by the Supreme Certifying Commission of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia, as well as the journals included in the RSCI database.
Executor of many grant projects, participant of international conferences, laureate of international competitions in the field of economics.