DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICAL METHODS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES IN ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS
The department was founded on 01/07/2020 by the order of the rector No. 01-07/772 on the basis of the decree of the Academic Council of the Russian-Armenian University No. 377 dated 06.05.2020.
The main goal of the department is to promote the education of highly qualified economists and managers who are proficient in the tools for using mathematical tools and methods, as well as the corresponding software solutions and applications.
The department teaches the following disciplines:
• Higher mathematics (Mathematical analysis, Linear algebra, Probability theory and mathematical statistics, etc.);
• Mathematical modeling (Econometrics, Operational research, Socio-economic statistics, etc.);
• Information technology (Computer science, Digital literacy, Management information systems, Programming in R, etc.);
• Data Science (Data Science in Business, Blockchain, etc.);
• Technological entrepreneurship (Startup engineering, Business process management, etc.).
Bachelor's degree programs in the following specialties:
• Actuarial and financial mathematics (Armenian sector)
Master's degree programs in the following specialties:
• Business engineering (Russian sector)
• Data analysis (Armenian sector)
Brief information (biography)
Associate Professor and Head of Mathematical Methods and Information Technologies in Economics and Business at Russian-Armenian University.
Dr. Davit Sahakyan is an esteemed leader, management consultant, innovator, entrepreneur, and professor. He has 25+ years of experience in Business Strategy and Business Development, Financial Management (Budget planning, Cost accounting and Cash Forecasting), Business Modeling and Innovation Development, Data Science & Math Modeling, Product & Project Management, and Business Process Management (BPM). He is specialized in Banking, Payment Systems and Emerging Technologies and held executive positions at Converse Bank, Inecobank, VTB-Armenia, Haypost, and TeamViewer. He also ran his consulting services company specialized in BPM, Business Strategy and Financial Modeling, as well as startups’ business development for more than 10 years.
He earned his PhD (Doctor of Mathematics) degree from National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia. Dr. Sahakyan also studied at Katz Business School of University of Pittsburgh and Executive education program at Kennedy School of Governance of Harvard University.